Pages

Saturday, January 28, 2012

Pacuare River rafting

After a late night getting to the Hotel Wagelia, we arose bright and early to a lovely warm and sunny day.  For breakfast, I had the Continental (cereal, juice, banana) & Ken had the Americano (eggs, ham, toast, juice, fruit plate). Very good coffee here.

Rio Loco’s (www.whiteh2o.com) picked us up at the hotel ~9am and we were off to the Rio Pacuare for 18 miles of white water rafting.

2012_01_28 80 CR Turrialba Rafting on Pacuare River2012_01_28 84 CR Turrialba Rafting on Pacuare River

Here are a couple of shots of us going through one of the rapids toward the end of the trip. Ken almost went off the raft on this one. I’m amazed I managed to stay tight because I lost my seat several times before this.

2012_01_28 37 CR Turrialba Rafting on Pacuare River

These are two of our guides – ??? and Chalo during one of our stops. Fun people & excellent rafters. I enjoyed talking with them even though I couldn’t always understand what they said.

We got back to the hotel around 5:30 thoroughly exhausted. This was a great day. I don’t care that the river was low because it’s the dry season, it was just right for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment