Pages

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

LA Bound

After all that concentration on the house we were ready for a break. Ergo, ROADTRIP! We’re heading to LA for a long weekend. We were going to leave tomorrow morning, but, after lunch, decided to hit the road and stop in Palm Springs for the night.

We got off I-10 and took the long cut through Wickenburg simply because Ken hadn’t been on US-60 west of there. US-60 joins back up with I-10 about 10 miles east of the California border. I had been on that stretch in the opposite direction in 2005 but only remember “boring”. Well, it’s still a fairly uninteresting drive, but then so is I-10.

We got to Palm Springs early evening, found our hotel and checked in. Nice place with surprisingly limited parking. Inquired about restaurants nearby and walked over to Trio’s. A pretty chi-chi place. I liked the food a lot, Ken not so much.

May 29, 2013: Leaving the 7 Springs Inn in Palm Springs. We spent the night there on our way to LA
7-Springs Inn in the morning after check out

BTW, I’ve put links to the Google Map I’ve made of our trips in the “Tracks” tab of this site.

312 mi, 5:13 hrs total, 4:47 hrs moving

[written 12/23/13]

No comments:

Post a Comment