Pages

Friday, June 29, 2012

Diddling around Lansing

I had been in a real hurry to get back to Lansing and start packing for my new life in Tempe – it wasn’t simply getting away from the Arizona summer. However, once we got here, my desire to leap into action is stymied by the realization that we aren’t going to be heading back to Arizona until the end of August. And that I can’t make final decisions until we are actually packing the car. At that point I (really Ken) will put the core stuff in and then see what nooks and crannies remain that I can cram with other stuff. Note – this isn’t total surprise, but it’s amazing what a presumably logical mind can ignore until its nose is rubbed in it.

The move is made both easier and harder by the fact that I’m not selling my house right away. My sister has agreed to continue living here and be the caretaker. That way I can delay selling until (hopefully) the Lansing housing market improves. Plus Ken’s house is (mostly) fully furnished so my furniture isn’t needed (and Alice can use it anyway). So – no U-Haul is necessary. That brings it down to the intersection of what I feel I will want/need in the next year and what will fit in the car. Micro decisions. Lots of ‘em. And most can’t be made until the last minute. At least living in a small Class C RV for several years makes it easy to see what things are really important to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment