Pages

Friday, June 15, 2012

Getting Antsy Feet

This always happens to me. Still 48+ hours until we leave (mid-afternoon Sunday) and I want to start packing the suitcases and car *NOW*. But it’s way too early. I need to do laundry first and I don’t want to do that until Sunday morning. I have only a minimal set of clothes here in Tempe, but, even adding what I have in Lansing, I don’t have much more than a two week supply. Both a legacy of my RVing days when space was a real issue and a general lack of interest in clothing. I hate shopping for clothing. I can never find what I want in a size that fits me. And I demand pockets. I don’t know what other people do with their cell phones, but mine goes in my jean’s or short’s pocket.

Huh. Just segued off onto a favorite rant topic… At any rate, non-online bills have been prepaid, Cox & paper halted, house caretaker shown the ropes, mail forwarding in place, car serviced, fridge essentially emptied; i.e. everything is done except the packing.

And it sounds like we’re leaving just in time. Weather forecasts for the valley show a major heat up starting Sunday – it’s going to be in the 110’s next week. Even Chinle (Canyon de Chelly) is showing 93 for Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment